Discover this unique city with the most incisive and entertaining travel guide on the market. You can take this handy, pocket-sized book out with you anywhere, any time. Whether you plan to climb the Hallgrímskirkja’s tower, try a rúntur pub crawl or go whale-watching off the southwest coast, Pocket Rough Guide Reykjavik will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
– Perfect for short trips – compact and concise, with all the practical info you’ll need for a few days’ stay.
– Free pull-out map, as well as full-colour maps throughout – navigate the harbour’s backstreets or work your way along Laugavegur without getting online.
– Things not to miss – Rough Guides’ rundown of Reykjavik’s unmissable sights and experiences.
– Itineraries – carefully planned days to help you organize your visit.
– Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, with options to suit every budget.
– Stunning images – a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
– Detailed city coverage – whether visiting the big sights or venturing off the tourist trail, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way. Chapters cover each neighbourhood in depth, with all the sights and the best of the nearby shops, cafés, restaurants, bars and clubs.
Areas covered include: Lækjartorg; Austurstræti; Austurvöllur; Aðalstræti; Hafnarstræti; Tryggvagata; the harbour; Tjornin; Bankastræti; Öskjuhlíð; Laugardalur; Hafnarfjörður. Attractions include: Hallgrímskirkja; National Museum; Settlement Exhibition; Saga Museum; Phallological Museum; Blue Lagoon; Strokkur geyser; Þingvellir; Gullfoss; Þórsmörk.
– Day-trips – venture further afield to the Reykjanes Peninsula, the Golden Circle, the south coast and the interior.
– Accommodation – our unbiased selection of the top places to stay, to suit every budget.
– Essentials – crucial pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, activities, festivals and events, and more.
– Background information – an easy-to-use chronology, plus a handy language section.
Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with Pocket Rough Guide Reykjavik.
Book Your Trip To Iceland
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right